EkStep Foundation (Foundation), co-funded by Rohini and Nandan Nilekani, has invested in curating the learning from leveraging shared digital infrastructure, co-creation ecosystems and multi-dimensional societal networks to resolve large, diverse and complex societal challenges globally, to develop the Societal Platform Method. Our vision is to explore, collaborate and inspire a wide set of applications across major development sectors including education, financial inclusion, healthcare, sustainable habitats, livelihoods and others, as applicable.
License: This philanthropically funded body of knowledge is a free public good and is being shared openly and made available as per the Creative Commons, CC BY ND 4.0 International License. Leaders across various walks of life are encouraged to use this body of knowledge for their work while adhering to the requirements of this license, in the following ways:
- You may copy, distribute, display only verbatim copies of the materials, not derivative works based upon it.
- You are free to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, for any purpose (including commercially).
- You must give appropriate credit and attribution, provide a link to the license and the copyright notice.
- You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that could legally restrict other users from any action that the license permits.
- You may use materials in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that the Foundation or any of its founders and representatives endorse you or your use.
Attribution: When Societal Platform Method is mentioned or expressed in various artifacts such as papers, publications, inserts in respective collateral, blogs, presentations, proposals, websites, videos, talks, comments, speeches and any other form of expression not specifically mentioned here proper attribution must be provided:
- If Societal Platform is mentioned in documents (digital and/or print) in any form whatsoever including but not limited to text, presentation, brochures, banners, other digital, printable items, it could say, “Societal Platform, CC BY ND 4.0 International License, EkStep Foundation, www.societalplatform.org. Copyright © 2018 EkStep Foundation”.
- In case there is a need to insert the logo or any other visual, it may be done as per the brand guidelines, which can be accessed by contacting us here.
- Furthermore, in case Societal Platform is mentioned in video files audio files such as podcasts, webinars or other forms, you may add text or create a Creative Commons audio file to orally tell the user of the licence and attribution.
It would not be appropriate to mention EkStep Foundation or a member of the Societal Platform Collaborative1, as a partner, consultant and/or advisor for developing Societal Platforms, in the context of your respective project or program. An explicit and adequately visible attribution, as described above, that the Societal Platform Method is being used in accordance to the license, would be sufficient. For any further clarification, please feel free to reach out to us here.
1 EkStep Foundation has no commercial interest in developing and sharing this body of knowledge and is making the same available as a free public good. This body of knowledge (Societal Platform) is being co-created with a rapidly expanding network of global thinkers, leaders and practitioners from across multiple sectors and walks of life. The current collaborative can be viewed here.