Back to resources
WEF Agenda | How platform know-how can drive social inclusion and empower billions
Published in WEF Agenda, the article talks about how Societal Platforms can provide a powerful framework within which true multi-stakeholder partnerships can thrive.
An excerpt from the article:
What makes a societal platform fly?
So, what exactly does it take to make a societal platform fly – and what do we need to do to embed the practice across more sectors?
- Platform pioneers need to practice shared or distributed leadership. The key to success is collaboration and one individual cannot drive the ecosystem.
- The process must be data-driven and ideologically agnostic.
- Deep technology skills are required – and these may be difficult to access given the private sector’s ability to pay more.
- Ownership and governance structure must be sustainable.
- Societal platforms need to access a pool of patient risk capital, since many of the payoffs will be long-term.
Read the full article published in WEF Agenda here.